Reflecting on an incredible week

By

After this week, I realize just how lucky I was to be able to do everything I did last week. With sports pretty much completely shut down at the moment, all I can do is reflect on my awesome week last week.

Over the course of seven days, I was able to attend nine games. Seven of which were MLB Spring Training games, one NBA game and even an NHL game. I went to most of these games as a sports fan who just wanted to see good games, and did I ever.

Best Highlights

I saw the Mets rally in the 9th to defeat the Astros in front of a really fun, mostly Mets, crowd. I was there when the Nationals beat the Marlins in walk-off fashion. I was at the game when Florida legend Tim Tebow singled to center. I witnessed the Miami Heat shut down MVP front-runner Giannis Antetokounmpo, and the Milwaukee Bucks in a great game at the AAA. Finally, I saw the best team in the NHL, the Boston Bruins, defeat the Florida Panthers in overtime. I personally can’t recommend seeing overtime hockey in person enough. It is really fun.

Best Experience

Probably the best part of my week was being a credentialed media member. I was fortunate enough to land two credentials. One with the St. Louis Cardinals to talk to Florida alum Harrison Bader, and the other to talk with some Miami Marlins players.

It was a great experience to be able to speak with many different MLB players, and meet new people already established in my desired field. Everyone was really nice. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better experience.

My favorite article I wrote was the last one I did on the Miami Marlins. To be able to write an article on the team I have loved since my childhood was surreal. Miguel Rojas, J.J. Bleday and Lewis Brinson were great interviews, and even though I’m a impartial journalist now, I really liked what Lewis Brinson said.

Final thoughts

Overall, I drove somewhere near 2,900 miles, spent close to $500, ate countless ham croquettes from Pinecrest Bakery, had one flat tire, but it was all worth it because the memories I made will last a lifetime.

About Chase Anschultz

Check Also

Nationals’ Manager Dave Martinez Continues To Err on Side Of Caution

The Washington Nationals currently sit at 5 wins and 9 losses so far in the …