Reflections – Sabrina

By

Over the course of a week, I attended five MLB spring training games on the west coast of Florida. I was able to watch all of these games from different perspectives – general admission seating, press box seating, and suite seating.

Although I was unable to receive credentials for the Yankees, I found creative ways to report on the MLB spring training experience. I discovered the philanthropic endeavors of the Steinbrenner Field and the Yankees organization. I was able to speak with staff/volunteers of the field and learn more about the charitable platforms they were given to raise funds for their respective organizations.

Through this experience, I realized my passion for feature stories. I loved getting to know people, asking them about their lives and their stories and developing a working relationship with them. Although I didn’t report on everyone I interviewed – I enjoyed being able to talk to people in the community and learning about other people’s passions.

I really enjoyed this experiential class. I am grateful that it was offered to online students this year because it allowed me to really feel a part of the UF community. This was a great opportunity for me to get real world experience and interact with my peers and other members of the community. Through this experience I was able to interview fans and stadium staff members and was given the opportunity to gain experience in the reporting field. I think having classes such as this one is so beneficial to online students because it allowed me to have an interactive learning experience.

About Sabrina Chung

Check Also

Reflection in an Odd Time

Spring break is usually a mixture of a beach, pool, sunglasses and sunscreen for me. …