Ben Acker posing with "DJ Kitty," one of the mascots for the Rays.

Ben Acker

By

Hello everyone! My name is Ben Acker, and I am a senior at the University of Florida majoring in Journalism with a concentration in Sports and Media. Although I am from Elkridge, Maryland, I became a Tampa Bay Rays fan at a very young age after watching Evan Longoria make some signature “web gems” during his rookie campaign. I also follow the Washington Nationals because my aunt and uncle have had season tickets ever since the team’s inaugural season in the nation’s capital. My ultimate goal for the future is to be a play-by-play broadcaster for hockey and/or baseball, but I am also open to working in creative video to get started in the sports media industry. This will be my first time attending Spring Training, so I am looking forward to watching some baseball, visiting some new stadiums and getting to write some stories in the process!

About backer

Check Also

My Spring Break Adventure to Seven Grapefruit League Games at Four Different Ballparks

In only eight days, I managed to attend seven MLB Spring Training games at four …