Austin Stirling

By

Hi, there! My name is Austin Stirling, and I am a second-year student majoring in journalism with a focus in sports and media at the University of Florida. I currently work as a sports writer for The Independent Alligator and covered the Women’s Basketball beat this past spring. In addition to this, I also work for WRUF and ESPN Gainesville through UF’s College of Journalism and Communications.

I have been playing and following baseball ever since I was a toddler, and have a strong passion for the game. It has always been a dream of mine to one day work for a major league organization or a media outlet covering baseball. I would love to work as either a beat writer or behind the camera!

I am very excited for the opportunity with the CJC covering Spring Training over spring break and can’t wait to get to work!

About Austin Stirling

Austin is a second-year student majoring in journalism with a focus in sports media. He hopes to one day work in the sports media industry and be able to travel around the country working for a team or media company. He is also a huge Yankees fan.

Check Also

My Spring Break Adventure to Seven Grapefruit League Games at Four Different Ballparks

In only eight days, I managed to attend seven MLB Spring Training games at four …