Lauren Halpern

By

Hi everyone! My name is Lauren Halpern. I’m a second-year student at the University of Florida majoring in journalism with a specialization in sports and media. I have worked for ESPN Gainesville since my freshman year. There, I write for UF sports, professional teams such as the Tampa Bay Lightning and Buccaneers, and local high school sporting events around town. Currently, I am a beat writer for Gators softball. I also have experience at Florida’s University Athletic Association; I worked for the social media and branding team.

I am seeking a sports journalism position where my passion for athletics, bubbly personality, and drive to communicate will support and improve the portrayal of news to the public. I look forward to getting closer to reaching my goals through covering the MLB’s Grapefruit League spring training. I will be stationed in the Fort Myers area with the Red Sox and the Twins with the hopes of having a lot of fun in the process!

About laurenhalpern

Check Also

My Spring Break Adventure to Seven Grapefruit League Games at Four Different Ballparks

In only eight days, I managed to attend seven MLB Spring Training games at four …