Talia Baia

By

My name is Talia Baia, and I am a sophomore at the University of Florida. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in journalism with a specialization in sports and media. In the future, I would like a career working for a professional sports team, organization or league.

Originally from Newport Beach, California, I currently reside in Gainesville, Florida for school. My experience varies across many forms of communication studies. While studying at my university, I have been involved in the journalism department by reporting for ESPN Gainesville, sports anchoring for WUFT News, and producing packages for Sports in :60 and the Reptile Report. These opportunities have allowed me to learn how to create on-air news segments for the PBS Television Station, work on my interviewing skills and ultimately build a foundation for my future career in the sports industry. Due to these opportunities, I now know how to act under pressure and look to weigh my options when facing adversity, whether it be with a project or a person. 

The desire of publishing well-written content for viewers around the globe is an aspect of journalism that intrigues me dearly. I love to experiment with multiple writing styles and techniques, and I’m never afraid to tackle any project.

I look forward to covering MLB spring training and expanding my knowledge in the baseball world!

About tbaia

Check Also

My Spring Break Adventure to Seven Grapefruit League Games at Four Different Ballparks

In only eight days, I managed to attend seven MLB Spring Training games at four …