Scenes From Port St. Lucie: The Mets Host Their Division Rivals

By

The Mets hosted their divisional rivals, the Washington Nationals, at Clover Park in Port St. Lucie today. I had the opportunity to bring my reporting interns (my parents) to the game. My mom and I had previously attended a Mets spring training game every year, but hadn’t been able to go since before the pandemic. It was awesome to go back to the ballpark with family and experience a baseball game together again.

My parents asked me to take these photos of them together at Clover Park, the Spring Training home of the Mets:

I also captured a few more captured moments from the game…

Brett Baty and Mark Vientos Warming Up

Baty and Vientos have become great friends from their time in the minor leagues. They often warm up together before games.

Victor Robles and Corey Dickerson Talk Shop

Mets Starters Stand for the National Anthem

David Peterson Pitching To Keibert Ruiz

Starling Marte’s Return

Marte was hit by a pitch during Sunday’s loss to the Tampa Bay Rays. Major League Baseball’s new concussion protocols meant that Marte had to exit the game. Further testing prevented the outfielder from playing Monday’s game.

Marte managed to return today, failing to record a hit in two at-bats. This plate appearance ended in a fly out.

CJ Abrams Steals Third

`

Clover Park Attractions

Clover Park features a plethora of attractions for tourists. One such attraction is the alumni wall, spotlighting every former Port St. Lucie Mets’ player to make it to the major leagues.

I’m glad I got to cover the game with my favorite intern!

About Connor O'Bryan

Connor is a reporter for ESPN Gainesville and a staff writer for Atrium Magazine. He is the host of the "Talking Points with Connor O'Bryan" podcast.

Check Also

Rays Overpower Mets, Win 10-4 in Port St. Lucie

The Rays downed the Mets in their high-scoring Spring Training matchup today, winning 10-4. Solid …