Ellie Shreve

By

Hello, my name is Ellie Shreve and I’m a third-year journalism sports and media major at the University of Florida.

I work part-time as a Sports Coordinator for ESPN Gainesville, where I serve as an editor for the official WRUF website. I also approve all sports updates that are aired on the 98.1 FM – 850 AM radio station. At ESPN Gainesville, I am on the Gators football and Gators men’s and women’s basketball beats. I am also on the TV beat for Gators baseball.

On these beats, I write game recaps and previews, live tweet and attend press conferences. I also video and edit footage of games to be used for social media as well as WUFT’s TV station. At WUFT, I am a sports anchor for First at Five, which airs live on PBS Channel Five.

Additionally, I am involved with Inside The Gators, where I cover football recruiting and produce various creative video content for Twitter and YouTube.

I also work with R.A.W.E. Recruits, where I produce game coverage and highlight reels for high school athletes. With this company, I also teach sports journalism classes to middle and high schoolers.

I am passionate about several aspects of the sports journalism field including videography, social media, photography, broadcast, radio and writing. I am excited to cover MLB spring training and cannot wait to get started!

About Ellie Shreve

Check Also

Getting Comfortable with the Uncomfortable: Ben Acker’s week with the Grapefruit Gators

To say my family and I were excited that I got accepted into the Spring …